Next on the list: Huntington Beach Triathlon! This is what they call a “sprint” triathlon and is a great stepping stone for other races including: full triathlons or the infamous IronMan competition. This race, however, incorporates a 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike ride up the Orange County coastline and a 2.5 mile run to finish it off. For those of you who are bored of the same old runs, it’s a nice change of pace.
Check it out out at Huntington Beach Triathlon.
Quick Training Tips:
1. Start training at least 2 months prior (especially for the swim)
2. Give a day of training to one specific aspect of the race instead of trying for all three. This will give your body a rest and able you to train without a break in the week.
3. Prepare for possible injures (i.e. blisters, toenails, body chaffing, athletes foot, sunburns)
4. Hydration and stretching are key for before beginning the race. It’s not necessary to bring a supplement/sport drink for during because of the length of this particular race, but couldn’t hurt. It will definitely help hitting any kind of wall during the last 2.5 mi run.
5. Have fun! If this is not the type of event your into, there are plenty of other types available. Check out our blog for some of the mud runs.